About the trainer
Luke Wreford founded Mindways as a social enterprise with the aim of promoting wellbeing, resilience and creativity through mindfulness training. Luke leads mindfulness courses in communities and workplaces, with a particular focus on non-profit, public sector and social change organisations. He is now based in Cambridge, UK, but continues to work with clients in London.
Luke started practising mindfulness and meditation over ten years ago, and has deepened his understanding by attending numerous retreats. On a daily basis, he really values the practical insights that mindfulness brings and the positive difference it makes to his life. This motivates him to continue to learn and practice, and to share the benefits of mindfulness with others.
Luke’s professional background is working in various roles for international charities on education projects and environmental issues. During this time he delivered training courses and led workshops in many different countries and contexts.
Luke is a member of the UK Listing of Mindfulness Teachers which demonstrates that he adheres to the UK Good Practice Guidelines for teaching mindfulness-based courses. This shows he has been suitably trained by approved providers, is committed to continuing professional development and is receiving supervision for his teaching.
Luke is also a Mindfulness-Based Awareness Coach, accredited by the Association for Coaching (AC), and adheres to the AC Code of Ethics and Good Practice.
Mindfulness Teacher Training undertaken
- Teacher Training in Mindfulness-Based Applications (one-year pathway including 7-day Practicum in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) – London Meditation
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Retreat Level 2 (7 days) – Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University
- Mindfulness Groupwork – Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University
- Teaching Mindfulness in Non-Clinical Settings – Oxford Mindfulness Centre, Oxford University
- Mindful Movement – Oxford Mindfulness Centre, Oxford University
- Inquiry in MBSR/MBCT – Oxford Mindfulness Centre, Oxford University
- Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Awareness Coaching – London Meditation